Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 12th, 2016 04:00

New Inspiron has Uneven Bottom Surface when placed on a flat table/surface and wobbles

I just recieved my new dell inspiron 13 5000 which is a 2in1 and I haven't used it much until today at school. I received it last Monday. When I have to almost closed 45 degree angle the bottom right hand corner does not wobble but when I open it more than that or 90 degrees normal typing angle the bottom right corner of the laptop lifts up above the table and it wobbles when I type unless I hold it down. I would like to know if this is faulty or supposed to be like this becuase it's really annoying. Could I get an exchange for non faulty one?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 12th, 2016 10:00

You can return a system for replacement for any reason within 21 days of the date of shipment.  It sounds like the chassis is not in tolerance.

10 Posts

July 13th, 2016 22:00

My inspiron 11 3000 (3158) was wobbling after I disassembly - it turns out because uneven tightening of the screws - maybe you can check the screws if you can't get a replacement unit.

2 Posts

July 17th, 2016 04:00

Thanks for your reply, I have asked for a replacement, but I'm not sure because I've never received a replacement from dell so are the replacements refurbished laptops or new? Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 17th, 2016 07:00

Systems replaced within 21 days of shipment are new replacements.  Anything after that will be refurbished.

No Events found!