Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 3rd, 2016 00:00

New Lap Top

Good morning i have been using my Inspiron 5759 for a fortnight its great but first problem today and any help welcomed.I use it off the mains but yesterday tried off battery.Now when i boot up on mains or battery get the yellow alert......."The AC POWER ADAPTER WATTAGE AND TYPE CANNOT BE DETERMINED"

I can still get into Windows by clicking continue but annoying.Also battery on task bar  showing "not charging" i am using the charger which came with the computer.

2K Posts

July 3rd, 2016 18:00

Hi MICK60,

Thank you for the update.

Sometimes, if the adapter is not plugged in firmly, then the system would not determine the wattage of the adapter and hence the battery would not charge. Same goes, if the adapter port is loose or if the battery has failed.

Since you have managed to run the diags, if there were any issues with the hardware components, then the same would have been reported.

Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

6 Posts

July 3rd, 2016 02:00

I down loaded and run the Dell diagnostic aid and this appears to have sorted the problem.:emotion-1:

No Events found!