Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 3rd, 2017 11:00

New XPS 15 9560 Slow, Stuttering and Freezing - Especially in Chrome

My new XPS 15 9560 is terribly slow and freezes, especially when using Chrome (I'm writing this using Edge)  I have only run Windows Update, installed Chrome (in admin account), created a regular user and logged into Dropbox under my regular user account.  I have run the dell diagnostics which reported no problems. 

The machine is unusable in Chrome and Edge stutters and lags also.  I'm incredibly  disappointed as this brand new machine, with virtually no software installed is even slower than the 5 year old machine it was to replace.

Any ideas?  Maybe I just need to return the machine and buy another brand.

And now the reCAPTCHA is freezing so I can't post this message.  ***!

1 Message

March 26th, 2017 18:00

I have the same issue with lag and chrome freezing. 2.5k on the highest spec XPS 9560 and really disappointed, tried the following above and releavant info found on the net inc Reddit, still not fixed! Dell are you seorios about the price tags on these machines, my 10yr old Dell works much better then this!! Will be getting a call in the morning!!!  

2 Posts

March 30th, 2017 14:00

this totally works, thanks for sharing

2 Posts

March 30th, 2017 14:00

blog.anichin.com/.../  try this it totally works

1 Message

April 21st, 2017 19:00

Here is my analyse from the glitch and problem I got. For the lagging task you need to update the graphic 630. For web lagging you need to change the version of wireless driver.

Internet:

-On windows write device manager

click on:

- Network adapter

- killer wireless ac-1535(right click)

-Properties

you should see:

Killer Wireless AC-1535 drivers  version 4.0.2.218

the one you need is:

Killer Wireless AC-1535 drivers  version 4.0.2.217

go to and download the Version: 1.1.69.1774 of product

www.killernetworking.com/.../e2200-e2400-wireless

After downloading go to windows menu write apps and feature

go uninstall killer wireless driver.

when it is done go to your download and execute the file

Graphic:

just follow

Posted by anichin

rigth here on this blog

for me it resolve any isssues I get with lagging

1 Message

April 23rd, 2017 16:00

I've had the same issue.  However, I don't even get why this video driver is enabled.   The laptop has an Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 in it.   If I  disable the Intel Video driver, it runs just fine with the Nvidia driver.   Why would they ship it with the integrated video as the main video driver?

23 Posts

May 11th, 2017 14:00

I had the same issue -- not Chrome, etc. See my post re: the problem and solution that worked for me:

en.community.dell.com/.../20009365

23 Posts

July 8th, 2017 12:00

For all still having an issue with this: I had upgraded from my 3 year old XPS 15 9530 to a new 2017 XPS 15 9560 (32GB, 1TB SSD, 4k UHD, etc) several months ago. It was fantastic at first, and then bogged down. The Intel driver was definitely part of the problem -- but it also turned out that the Nvidia GeForce Experience software was a huge factor as well. It has a feature for live / streaming screen sharing that, in my case at least, was turned on by default, and it apparently is horrendously slow with a 4K / UHD screen. If you aren't a gamer who NEEDS the GeForce Experience software, note that you can uninstall it, and simply keep up with the NVidia drivers (as well as the Intel 630 drivers) themselves.

My recommendation: check Windows Program and Features, look for the NVidia GeForce Experience application and uninstall it. Make sure then, that both your NVidia and Intel 630 drivers are fully up to date.

As noted in this thread (and several others), for whatever reason, the version of the Intel driver that Dell officially certifies tends to be several months out of date, and has been known to cause extreme lag with this laptop. Getting the latest 630 driver directly from Intel has been a successful fix each time the Dell provided driver causes problems.

No Events found!