Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

December 25th, 2008 23:00

New XPS 630 No other software?

Hey,

I have just recived an xps 630, its a refurb and it only has vista installed,

Please can you give me a link to some software i need in order to change the liughts and fans etc..etc as i have no software at the moment. I have installed nvidia system manager but can only do motherboard and GPu, ram and cpu. I have tried alienware FX for lights and when i save and apply lights dont come on.

but Anyway,

Thanks.

73 Posts

December 26th, 2008 02:00

Just click on the  "Drivers & Downloads" link below, under "Support" and you should be able to find your system.  Here's a more direct link, I'm assuming that you have the XPS 630i since I see no other XPS 630 products.  Good luck and enjoy. :emotion-1:

September 8th, 2013 04:00

Hi i have the same problem too, i have the XPS 630i . Anyway, I clicked that link, but i'm not able to find the system that i need. Please help, i would appreciate it !! :)

953 Posts

September 9th, 2013 16:00

Hi Rottenilous,

This functionality is present in NVidia Control Panel, under the Chassis section of the Performance tab. The XPS 630 supports only some elements of LightFX technology.

There is another application for this called as AlienFX. AlienFX is compatible with LightFX technology. You can download the “Alienware AlienFX Media Plug-In” from the below mentioned hyperlink:

Alienware AlienFX Media Plug-In, v.1.0.0.11, A00

Hope this helps.

September 10th, 2013 07:00

Thanks for your answer. So, i downloaded this.. now that do i do? can you help me ? i followed the instructions given in the link, but i cant find the way!

953 Posts

September 10th, 2013 19:00

Hi Rottenilous,

Are you not able to install the application? If so, what is the error that you are receiving when attempting to install?

September 11th, 2013 01:00

Thank you for helping me!!. I did download and installed it!! But what do i do now?? My problem is that i cant change my led lights on my XPS 630i pc, because i think im missing some software.. since my pc is refurbished! 

953 Posts

September 11th, 2013 18:00

Hi Rottenilous,

I am sorry my previous posts were not clear. The XPS 630 only support some elements of LightFX technology. Users have the ability to individually control and set the color of their LED zones. To begin with, you should have the “Dell AlienFX, v.1.0.36v2, A04” installed in your computer. The plugin provided in my previous reply controls the lighting during media play using selected media players. A detailed description of Dell XPS 630 and LightFX can be found here.

Hope this helps.

September 12th, 2013 03:00

Thank you for all your help!!! I finally managed to change the lights!!! :D

953 Posts

September 12th, 2013 14:00

Hi Rottenilous,

Great to hear that! Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further queries.

No Events found!