Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2012 18:00

New here with a question.

Sup all? Got an issue that I need help with regarding my new Dell Inspirion laptop and how to use WiFi on it. I do a show on BlogTV and I'm gonna be doing a road trip real soon (March 20, to be exact) to Jacksonville Fla and I need to know how to setup the WiFi the right way so I can do a broadcast while on the road. I'm a complete noob when it comes to WiFi, ( regarding the setup, needing the keys to access a network, ect.) A  friend suggested I get one of those WiFi Antenna boosters for the laptop and while another one suggested that I get one of those portable WiFi hotspot generators. The Dell I have has built in Wifi capabilities but I'm not sure if the signal will be strong enough nor if it's what I'm really gonna need when broadcasting. I don't have a smartphone so I can just plug in and use a network for the setup, ect. I'd sure appreciate it if someone can point me out in the right direction with all this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

DJ Laserbolt

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 10th, 2012 03:00

DJ Laserbolt,

Most laptops come with a WiFi Wireless adapter, to connect to the internet. Some computers have a broadband mobile card, like cell phones use and connect where ever you are. The use the towers, like cell phones to connect.

Can you be a little more specific on what you're trying to accomplish?

Not knowing the operating system you have, if you could...

Hit the Windows Key and the R keys at the same time. Type

systeminfo.txt

REMOVE THE PRODUCT ID and post the rest of the information back here. (Preferred)

or an ipconfig /all log and maybe it will reveal something.

Rick

2 Posts

March 10th, 2012 09:00

Not a problem. As I said before I have a show on BlogTV.com. I'm going to do a road trip type show and I'm a noob when it comes to setting up Wifi. I'm gonna be broadcasting on the road and I want to know what I'll need so my broadcast will #1 function the right way, #2 not fizzle or fade out when I'm doing the broadcast/live stream, and #3 not short out all together when transmitting. I wondering if getting one of those portable mobile hotspot generators would be a good idea while i'm on the road.

The system i have is a Dell Inspirion with built in WiFi, Windows 7 if that's any help. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

DJ Laserbolt

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 10th, 2012 11:00

DJ Laserbolt,

If you have a place where you were invited, they should have some type of Internet connection for you to use. Check with the place where you are going.

Rick

No Events found!