Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 2nd, 2015 18:00

New xps 13 (2015) randomly freeze

First of all, i was very disappointed how Dell taking care of this trouble shooting

i recently bought the new xps 13 in late August, 2015 and after two months all

i did was updating chipset from Dell website (as suggested to update the drive) and later on

it randomly freezes and i have to restart the system when it happens

I literally tried everything to fix it, followed up by Dell tech via facebook  and got to replace

harddrive and wifi card. but they gave me CD booting disk (as you know new xps 13 has no optical drive to run CD unless you have external device).  so i wasted another couple of days to get the booting USB

Still, the system randomly freezes and   the internet did not work in the safemode with the netwroking 

and now they have made a request to replace Motherboard, but kept saying they dont have update (backlog parts) information to process this problem. it has been a month like this already

they dont even explain why it takes so much time to get over backlog

4 Posts

November 4th, 2015 10:00

I just bought a New XPS 13 (9350) and this same thing is happening to me. I don't intend to replace all the parts in my 24hour old computer. If there isn't a software fix I can do myself, then I'm going to heavily request that Dell send me a new laptop and make sure it doesn't have this problem before they send it. 

1 Message

January 17th, 2016 23:00

I have the same problem, but all my hardware tests fine. I initially thought it was because I had a bad upgrade to Windows 10, but have now reinstalled software together with the Bios updates, and the latest drivers from Dell, and it still happens.

Frustrating.

January 30th, 2016 06:00

If you are experiencing the following -

(1) Laptop randomly freezes, and requires hard reset (particularly after being idle for some time).

(2) Sometimes, on restart, system says that there is no bootable device.

This may fix it -

(1) Go to Control Panel > Power Options.

(2) Click on Change Plan Settings for your selected plan.

(3) Click on Change advanced power settings.

(4) Expand Hard Disk > Turn off hard disk after. Enter Never for both On battery and Plugged in.

(5) Expand PCI Express > Link State Power Management. Turn off for both On battery and Plugged in.

(6) Apply these changes and restart the computer.

What seems to be happening is that the SSD is being turned off - whether this is a hardware or software issue, I've no idea. I made the above changes two days ago and so far it appears to have solved the freezing issue. It seems there have been a litany of issues with this particular laptop model, so this may or may not work for you...

No Events found!