Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

17 Posts

January 6th, 2008 19:00

Newest XP SigmaTel 92XX drivers (with stereo mix) work on Vista!

Hey all,

Just thought I'd let you know that over on notebookforums, a really cool discovery has been made:

http://www.notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=169312&page=33

Basically, if you grab the XP drivers from:
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R171789&SystemID=LATITUDE%20D620&servicetag=&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=8907&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=3&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=3&fileid=235761

Then use winrar or a similar program to expand the EXE archive to a folder. Go into the folder, find setup.exe and right-click it go to properties. Then go to the compatibility tab and select Windows XP compatibility and hit ok.

Then run that setup.exe, and after a few minutes, you're set! Don't even need to reboot.

I've tested it here, and stereo mix works perfectly under vista from this method.

Cheers!

4 Posts

May 15th, 2008 02:00

Thanks Rob

I also, encouraged by you, installed SR1 and it works fine. Great!!!

40 Posts

June 6th, 2008 06:00

I have yet to find a find a solution to this problem. freecoder works only part of the time , total recorder disables the microphone. and the sigmatel's xp driver disables themicrophone leaving me only with the microphone array which is good for nothing, dell and microsoft are EVIL.

xps m1330

intel core 2 duo 2.0Gzh

2mb ram

vista (which is the worst opetating system of all) home preminum 

Message Edited by zipkik on 06-06-2008 12:13 AM

47 Posts

July 11th, 2008 09:00

XPS M1530 with Vista Sp1.

This problem resides with DRM and the drivers supplied to Dell by SigmaTel. There are two theories behind this;

First is Vista rejected the codecs due to a inccorrect signature, bombing the control.

Second, which is more wild, but in this day, plausable, SigmaTel got the pliers applied to them by RIAA, preventing them from enabling the option.

Dell's announcement on this issue is dated back to January with no updates so the latter is moreso.

The downgrade procedure worked on PROWL and I do have the COM error.

Someone is going to get punched in the mouth for this. My bet it'll be a RIAA rep.

Message Edited by Nighthawke75 on 07-11-2008 05:09 AM
Message Edited by Nighthawke75 on 07-11-2008 05:10 AM

40 Posts

July 28th, 2008 21:00

has anyone been able to find a solution to this problem yet? I have tried the freecorder toolbar but it doesn't always work. total recorder doesn't always work either.  Using the XP driver 171789.  Will give any stereo mix but disables the mike in jack.  If all you want to do in stereo mix that's fine.  But if you wish to do voice recording this is a problem.  I have a recently from a liaison that there is going to be some sort of announcement this week.  Was hoping to solve both problems.  Has anyone found any outside hardware or software which can solve this?

3 Posts

August 2nd, 2008 17:00

I can't wait to get an update on this thread and hopefully an announcement from Dell about solution to the problem!  I have not tried the download for fear it will mess up mic as well and I'm just not tech savy enough to be able to resolve issues simply.  I guess I am stuck where I'm at!  

Is there a possibility that an external sound card would resolve this issue temporarily for me until Dell gets an update ready.  (If they ever do!)

Thanks!

Rhonda

47 Posts

August 2nd, 2008 18:00

Your wish is my command.

Turtle beach audio advantage

Message Edited by Nighthawke75 on 08-02-2008 02:21 PM

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

October 10th, 2008 11:00

RascallyRob,

Thanks a million for this thread ... it has been very helpful to a lot of folks who have to the Audio board looking for answers.

Can you (or anyone else) confirm that the Audio Advantage SRM External USB Sound Cardyou linked to has stereo mix (or wave out or whatuhear etc) in Vista? I couldn't find that information on their site.

Jim

No Events found!