Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 16th, 2009 08:00

No Audio Output Available...Inspiron 1525; came with Vista.

I get the no audio output available.

No it's not muted, I've checked.
I've went to the device manage-- my SigmaTel High Def CODEC isn't there

Just an Intel HDMI thing.

I've tried downloading the right codec, and when i go to install i get this message: "ExitError:Error=Device Object not present, restart the system and run setup again"

I've tried system restore.

I've tried installing it in safe mode.

I did a dianogstics test and it errored on the Audio interruption test.

I went to tech support and allowed one of the agents to take over my laptop remotely; and he did every thing I did to no avail.

4.6K Posts

March 16th, 2009 09:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

I went to tech support and allowed one of the agents to take over my laptop remotely; and he did every thing I did to no avail.

And they just left it at that :emotion-3:

The result of the diagnostics test, suggests a hardware problem?

For that reason... assuming it's still under warranty... they should have followed through on their tests, and possibly even arranged a technician/engineer visit?

I say that, because if it is a problem with the audio chip, the whole motherboard will need replacing.

March 16th, 2009 10:00

Well after system restore the  go-assit thing wasn't around and i missed his call due to my phone being dead.

1 Message

October 26th, 2013 17:00

I can't get my audio output to work, maybe I inadvertently erased it?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

October 26th, 2013 19:00

I can't get my audio output to work, maybe I inadvertently erased it?

Hello. See the "No Audio" FAQ. Here are the top 3 things to try:

1. Plug in headphones and see if any audio comes through the jack, or just no audio through the speakers. If you can hear audio through the headphones but not the speakers that would indicate a particular type of hardware failure.

2. Use Windows System Restore to return the laptop configuration to an earlier state.(Instructions are in the FAQ.)

3. Re-install your audio driver.

If you need more help please include the full model name of your laptop and its operating system.

No Events found!