Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 26th, 2015 14:00

No Sound

My Laptop Is around 4 years old and is used for gaming, homework, broadcasting etc.

The Sound Has Completely stopped working. I Have Tried So much and I am very close to paying to get it fixed. The only sound i am getting is when i turn on the computer, my battery is critically low and i get a loud beep sound. No Other Sound is working even though Realtek HD Audio Manager is telling me that my sound is fine.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

April 26th, 2015 18:00

my battery is critically low

Hello. Plug in the adapter and use house current. Download a fresh copy of the audio driver from your model's support page.Try using Windows System Restore -- pick a Restore Point dated earlier than when the problem first started..

If you need more help please reply back with the full model name of your laptop and please say which operating system it has.

1 Message

April 29th, 2015 23:00

hi jim  , im a different person who just read the above problem and your answer and thought you might be able to help me. i have an inspiron n5110. i have sound when playing dvd . i have no start up sound . can you suggest anything ? regards. niko.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

April 30th, 2015 08:00

i have an inspiron n5110. i have sound when playing dvd . i have no start up sound .

Hello. If all of your audio works except for the startup sound, the first thing to do is to make sure it is turned on. Right click the audio icon on the taskbar (looks like a speaker), then click Sounds.

[If you do not see the audio icon, then go to Control Panel>Sounds and click that, then click the Sound tab at the top.]

This is a screen shot of the dialog box showing the Sounds tab. Make sure that "Play startup sound" is checked.

No Events found!