Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 14th, 2010 18:00

No Studio 17 1080P Screens - I was lied to 3 times by Dell!

Recently placed a Studio 17 order and made it clear to the sales rep on the phone that i wanted the FHD 1080P screen. She said no problem and even quoted me the upgrade price. After receiving the order details on an email the item code was:

320-0828 1

17.3 inch HD+ (900p) Bright LED Display with TrueLife and Camera

I tried to call and email the sales agent but she would not return my calls or emails. I was directed to a poor-english speaking person in Order Modification. She had to check with a supervisor but guaranteed me that this was the "1080p" screen. Still leary and after reading some posts on the forum I called back and again was put to a poor-english speaking person in Order Modification. Again they assured me that this was the 1080P screen. Today I just got in touch with someone in sales that spoke good english and he confirmed that this item number was not the 1080P and in fact the 1080P is backordered and not even offered as an option now.

Needless to say I'm ticked and my order should be delivered tomorrow. I will probably refuse it but I can't believe I was lied to by Dell agents 3 times! I think they knew they didn't have this screen and lied to make the sale. Why else would the original sales agent not call or write back?

Where exactly do I go to Dell to file a complaint? I have wasted hours of my time and waited two weeks for a laptop that is not what I ordered.

Todd

29 Posts

February 14th, 2010 19:00

The 1080 screens have not been an option since Christmas time for the Studio 17.  You are not the only one who has been lied to by a salesperson.  Compared to your problem mine was minor>  It was only about the ability to cancel a software order.  You are not the only person on these forums that have wanted to contact a responsible person to lodge a complaint, but no one has come up with an answer.  If you have any trouble with returning the computer and getting a refund I suggest that you lodge a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and work with your credit card company.  It is about time Dell straighten out all of their sales, technical support and customer service for the consumer.

February 14th, 2010 20:00

Hi Jettubby..

I had posted an answer to yor problem however that automated compliance department at Dell deleted my message to you. They tell me my answer was to offensive. Well then, let me just agree with you that the very nice people at Dell make a habit of providing bad service, telling wonderful stories and obviously have the worlds best advertising money could buy. You mean the tell lies.... not hard to believ as they seem to tell the world that they are custoemr oriented. the reason they do not like distributors is obvious. Distributors could bind together and make demands... that would be a bad thing for Dell as we, the consumer, have no real voice. Companies like Dell get so big because they do not have to provide service, can do as they like, do not have a complaint department and do not have to take action. Only recomendation si to buy something else, but definitly not a Dell, for personal use or specially not for enterprise use. We, my company, have been enterprise users, with me being the last hold out so to speak. Now, this will change. With our new Capex for 2010, we will through out all the Dell machines (not may just 29 of them, and we are arrnaging a small your dell party, which we will arrange to have televised in Bangkok. Wathc for it on youTube in a few weeks ok mate....

Regards

George Huels

Another disatisfiued customer amongs many... specially when I read the customer blogs on this site

No Events found!