Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 26th, 2015 13:00

No audio = no videos

Hey guys been having odd audio issues. I can fix it but I shouldn't have to interact with my computer in this way for everyday use.  

My laptop is a XPS 15 with windows 10 pro on it. Its the 4k res version of the laptop.

What happens, is when I boot my computer up for the FIRST time, everything loads fine. I get to my desktop and wait for my startup apps to cycle through. After, I will attempt to watch any steams off of Twitch.tv they don't load meaning I'll see a picture render but its stays frozen. I can refresh the site and the stream will update to where the broadcaster would of been during his stream but still won't play. Youtube videos don't play either. Anything "sound/audio" doesn't work. I tried playing songs off my Spotify, and they play, just no sound. I currently use google chrome for my internet browser. I've tried internet explorer and same thing. 

This is my current "fix" to this issue When I restart my computer from the FIRST boot. It loads everything fine, I get to my desktop again, wait for my start up apps again. But this time everything works as it should. I test audio from Spotify ( where I test to see if i have audio) twitch streams work and load in just fine. As well as the Youtube videos. Strange..

What I've tried so far

I've looked into the device manager and tried updating drivers from there. Nothing.

I've reinstalled Realtek hd audio drivers. Didn't fix the issue

I've first time boot up and tried messing with the audio in the task bar to test the sounds. None of the program events make noise, and on playback the "test" function doesn't play anything back either.

What are your guys thoughts and is this fixable with out having to do a factory restart. Thank you for your time and help.

Jake

1 Message

March 5th, 2016 11:00

Hi Jake,

Did you find a solution to this? I am having the exact same issue. I cannot play videos on any browser until I restart from the first boot.

Thanks

No Events found!