Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 23rd, 2017 03:00

No audio output device

I have recently bought a brand new Inspiron 15 (3000 series, Windows 10). I can't get any sound out of it.

I've run Dell diagnostics, installed the latest Realtek audio driver as recommended, and rebooted. Still no sound. I've contacted Tech Support, who are suggesting it might be necessary to return the machine to depot. Is there any other solution out there? (there appears to be around 15,000 posts on audio issues, and I really don't have the patience to go through all of them!)

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

April 23rd, 2017 04:00

Is there any other solution out there?

I've run Dell diagnostics

If you did not hear sounds during the PSA audio test, which is a hardware test, then there is not a software solution. Anything you do to fix the failed hardware, such as replacing the motherboard or the speakers, would void the warranty, at least partially.

A "workaround" would be to get a usb audio device, such as a jack, speakers, or headphones. But although such a device would produce audio even with failed hardware in the laptop, obviously it would not be a fix.

(there appears to be around 15,000 posts on audio issues, and I really don't have the patience to go through all of them!)

That's okay. I've done it for you. (Took a few years.)

recently bought

If the laptop is still in the very brief "return period", you can return it for being defective and get your choice of a refund or replacement. If the return period has expired, then you are stuck with having it serviced under the terms of your warranty.

No Events found!