Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 17th, 2013 14:00

No help from Technical team and Service center.

Hi, I am writing this with crying face :-( , I really cheated by myself selecting Dell company product. I have purchased Dell XPS 15Z Laptop in USA and back to Chennai, India along with Lapi. I Spent lot of money to purchase this Laptop and bought it in high configuration (i7, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD0, 1080p FHD). Start struggles with Lapi that it never shows booting (Till desktop ready state) below 1 Min with this configuration. After I upgraded my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 8 then start problems. The video quality is cheaper than the cheaper one and booting slow is remaining same. I have found the error for video issue and told to technical support team in India. They just contemned to serve me in this regarding because I am using Windows 8. When I went Dell service center in Chennai, India and explain the problem, they just ask me to take the backup and then they will re-install Windows 7 instead of mine. The problem is existing in my laptop at that point of time; I did not understand why they re-install (Change the current state) my OS without checking the origin of problem. You believe or not whenever i went to service center in Chennai with any problem, they told to customer immediately that have to format the laptop and take backup. Crazy. My question is why they cannot serve to customer if problem exist in modified OS. As of i know my configuration is compatible with Windows 8 and Laptop should work under another compatible OS version. And one more thing i asked them that I want to compare my laptop speed with same configuration another laptop which they not providing me. Why? My current issues are I want to see the speed (at least below 1min) according to my configuration and i want to resolve my video display issues. I Hope i will get help thru this channel at least to resolve my issues. Thanks. -Nath RG.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 19th, 2013 06:00

Transfer your Dell Product to insure you maintain your warranty and can take several days (domestic transfer) and up to 15 business days (international transfer).

The Dell International Services Program offers the security of knowing you can receive service and support when you travel with your Dell laptop outside your home country.

To qualify for international service, you must purchase the Next Business Day On-site Response Service.

There are three methods for engaging technical support when travelling internationally:

Call the call center of the country in which you're travelling
Call the call center of your home region while abroad
Call the International Queue at 512-728-7424 (toll call).
If in the US or Canada, call 800-285-1653 (toll free)

The call center that you contact will perform a problem diagnosis. If repair is needed, the phone technician will arrange for service by contacting the Dell call center in the country where the customer is located. A dispatcher will contact the customer and arrange for service.

Visit www.dell.com/contactdell to view international Dell contact details

NOTE: The International Notebook Service is for customers who are traveling with their Commercial notebooks for a period of less than 6 months. Any period of time longer than 6 months requires a Global Tag Transfer to be completed . See - http://www.dell.com/globaltagtransfer

• Facebook

Visit our page for the latest support news, answers and updates.

Like Dell ›
  • Twitter

Tweet us for real-time answers to your support questions.

Follow Dell ›

14 Posts

Can i expect any replay ?

-Nath RG

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Additionally, neither Dell nor any other computer manufacturer will support an operating system other than what it installed at the factory.  

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 19th, 2013 08:00

No, that's not what I wrote.  You are free to install whatever you'd like -- just don't expect support from Dell when issues arise.

The basic warranty on any system is only valid in the country of purchase.  For international service, you must transfer the warranty before you can receive support.  And in order to do that you must have purchased an upgrade to onsite service before you transfer the warranty - the basic, 12-month return to depot warranty doesn't cover service other than in the country of purchase.

A one-minute boot time is perfectly normal with a conventional hard drive.  For times below that, you'll need a solid state drive.  So, there's nothing wrong here.

As for the video issues, nowhere did you give any indication that you installed the correct video drivers for Windows 8.  If the video doesn't work properly when the system is restored to factory condition (Windows 7) that's one thing - if it does, but won't with Windows 8, it sounds like you didn't do the installation of Windows 8 correctly.

14 Posts

July 19th, 2013 08:00

Hi,

According to your words,

We have to stick and use only the OS which installed at factory and the product will not work other than the factory installations even it compatible. I went service center several times and no use. They are unable to find the solution even the OS is factory installed. What should I do?

One question: I am still in warranty period and I didn’t understand the restrictions to serve customer if the product is eligible for global warranty service. Why should I follow the formalities if I have all the receipts and global warranty period?

14 Posts

July 20th, 2013 13:00

Hi,

I agree what you said that Dell would not service for OS issues other than factory installed. However, here my problem is not related to OS what I installed. I am facing issues related to speed and video display. I hope the mentioned two problems purely related to product performance and quality and let me know how you people can map these are OS problems.

Why should I go for SSD as I already have high configuration laptop and spent lot money for this? Is the problem with my laptop configuration in regards with speed issue or the configuration works like that only? To confirm this only I had asked for comparison the speed with another same configuration laptop. If my configuration is not work at least middle level laptop, why I spent lot money for this configuration from Dell? I had compared with my friends laptop (Other company product) which is having same configuration and its damn speed(1:12 min, Saying till ready state) than mine and I feel very bad with my laptop in front of their  :-(. I hope you understand my feelings. In addition, I would like to know the Dell URL for Windows 8 Pro drivers if any, which are mandatory for my laptop configuration. I will try myself to resolve video display problem at least and I am seeking help/service for Speed related issues for my configuration.

Note: The ready state booting time for my laptop is 2:40 Min. This time can give middle configuration laptops. I am expecting at least 1min time for my configuration even I installed many applications/software along with back run software.

14 Posts

July 24th, 2013 12:00

Hi,

Any explanation for my questions above?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 24th, 2013 13:00

You cannot compare the boot times of two systems unless they're hardware-identical - same amount of RAM, same CPU, same BIOS, same system board.

Any other comparison is meaningless - there are too many variations that are possible.

14 Posts

July 24th, 2013 13:00

OK, we can't compare two systems of booting time for the same config. Did you notice the time difference of mine and my friends laptop? As you told, mine should not exceed ~1Min booting time. But what is this 2:40 min? Is this OK?

And

Can i have answers for each of remaining questions?

14 Posts

July 25th, 2013 02:00

Hellow,

Any Reply?

14 Posts

July 25th, 2013 21:00

Hi,

Can i ask you for reply again & again?

14 Posts

July 27th, 2013 11:00

Hi,

Can i expect any answer for my queries or tell me that just i leave my issue here?

14 Posts

July 27th, 2013 12:00

So as you suggested, i have to off some start up applications/SW if i want to increase my boot speed. I have got one idea, i will uninstall all my applications/SW from my laptop then the booting time will increase more and more.  Is it OK?

If this is your resolution point, i have to just keep my laptop idle in-front of me and looking over on it daily. I didn't understand till now and you never spoke on this that why i spent more money and for this high configuration and its uses. I never expect this type of answer from your side. Now its proved that Dell product will work only after reduce some loading pressure by OS even we spend lot money for better configuration.

Please clarify me one thing that is my configuration will give booting speed in one min or not with out reducing start up application? if not, on what areas it will useful?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 27th, 2013 12:00

It isn't clear there is an issue.  If you want to reduce the boot time, reduce the number of programs and services that load at startup time.  No one but you can determine what you do and do not need to load when the system powers on.

If you don't know what to do, start here;  it's a good description of what you can do to speed up boot time.

www.lockergnome.com/.../how-to-improve-windows-7-startup-time

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 27th, 2013 13:00

The problem with already having your mind made up, is that no number of facts will change it.  There's nothing more I or anyone else can do until you drop your prejudices toward the system and look at things objectively.

No Events found!