Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 10th, 2014 21:00

No power on Inspiron 15 7000 laptop

I've tried all the suggested remedies ie., take out battery, hold down power button, discharge static flea etc..

nothing works..there was initially a led power light on. Now even that is gone. Dead as a doornail. There is power in the adapter because the circular light round the cable is lighted.

Please help. This laptop is hardly 6 months old.

Thanks. Bert

2 Posts

Thanks for replying.

I had a look inside and it looks like the power jack is secure inside..i think power is not going through at all by the fact that there's no LED light. Even when there was LED light before it would not power on.

How do I submit this problem to DELL or get them to look at this laptop? I can't seem to find on the support site anywhere to submit an RMA.

Thanks

459 Posts

HI Bert,

Have you had the power jack inside the machine tested, power jacks burn up sometimes. I would look inside to see if the power jack has come off the board or causing a short so not getting power, it sounds power starved.

Also while you're under the hood replace CMOS battery just to rule that out.

459 Posts

April 10th, 2014 22:00

After diagnosis by a Dell technician, we'll send you packaging and instructions to mail your notebook to a repair facility. 

Your repaired notebook will usually be returned to you in 10-12 business days after you've shipped it.

Call: 1-800-288-4410
No Events found!