Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 24th, 2017 05:00

No support for known issue on XPS 9550

I have been experiencing a track pad lift issue which is known to Dell.

I made multiple calls to try and get support for this issue but to no avail.
Every call I had ended with the same answer we can get it fixed for you but your account is on hold and we cannot do anything until th hold is lifted. 

I does not make sense to me that I am in possession of a device yet I cannot remove the hold nor get support for a dangerous issue of a swollen battery that is caused by a production defect.

The battery is currently swollen and I haven't stop using it since I need a laptop to work with.

This battery is at risk of causing fire or explosion so I would like to know how I can get Dell support before that happens.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 24th, 2017 07:00

First, get the battery out of the system - NOW.  Do not leave open the risk of a fire -- if that happens, since you're already on record, any damage done will be at your risk - not Dell's.

The battery can be removed fairly easily:

topics-cdn.dell.com/.../xps-15-9550-laptop_Service Manual_en-us.pdf

and the system will run fine without it.

In another post, you've been told they'll replace the battery if you return it to Dell USA -- it may be this model isn't sold in Spain, so parts may not be available there.

5 Posts

September 24th, 2017 13:00

I will not open my laptop on my own as this could damage other things which would give Dell a good reason to refuse to repair my device. This problem is Dell responsibility they can and thus should fix it.

And the post you are referring to is not mine.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 24th, 2017 16:00

I would suggest  you ask why your account is on hold, immediately.

This IS a  safety hazard -- and just as would be case if you ignore a brake-failure recall on your car, Dell won't be responsible if the system is ultimately destroyed due to the battery failure.

If the system isn't registered to you (i.e., it was purchased through a third party), Dell won't repair it - in that case contact the seller.  If you're out of the country of purchase, and in one where this model is sold, it won't be supported. One way or another, instead of the battery replacement cost, you could wind up with having to buy a replacement system - or worse, if the battery fails and causes property damage.

One way or another, the sooner you remove the battery, the better.

No Events found!