Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2015 19:00

Open port 5938 on Dell tablet

I have been told by Teamvier that I need to open port 5938 in order for Teamviewer to work. This is odd because Teamviewer used to work on my tablet but now for some reason it has stopped working. I have searched and searched on how and where to open port 5938 and can not find directions or where to open this port.

Can someone tell me where to open this port. I checked security settings and nothing. Thanks

1.8K Posts

March 11th, 2015 11:00

Hello,

They're referring to a port that is currently being blocked by your firewall, either a software firewall on your system or a firewall that is built into your router, most likely.  

Which, if any, security software are you running on your system?  Does it have a firewall?  if so you can go into the administration screen of that firewall and open Port 5938.   If you aren't running a firewall locally on your system then you'll need access to the admin / setup controls of your router.  Are you working from home, trying to connect at work, or what?   Do you have access to the router yourself?

Here is a bit of information on Windows firewalls and ports.  If you can give us a bit more clarity on the specifics of how you're connecting to the internet, (home, work, etc.), which Windows version you're using, and if you're using any security software on your system we can try to give you a bit more information.

Todd

No Events found!