Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 4th, 2016 11:00

Out of date driver update for nVIDIA Quadro K1100M on Dell Support page for Precision M3800?

I installed Adobe Illustrator CC 2015.  When I open the program I get a notice that "Software drivers of one or more cards are not up-to-date.  To use GPU Performance, update the software drivers to the latest version, and then restart Illustrator."

I went to the Dell Support page for the Precision M3800.  I downloaded the available update for the nVIDIA Quadro K1100M Driver, which was released on 30 Dec 2014.  The newest version on nVIDIA's website was released 9 Dec 2015, however (the Quadro Series for Notebooks, Quadro K1100M, download type: Quadro ODE Graphics Driver).

Is the newer version on the nVIDIA website compatible with the Precision M3800?  Why would Dell not offer the newest driver update on its support page?

1.8K Posts

January 6th, 2016 11:00

Hi,

There is normally a lag time between when a parts manufacturer releases a new driver and it goes up on our support pages.   This is usually due to quality testing, compatibility, etc.   A month's delay isn't unheard of, especially around the holiday period.

I don't see why the driver wouldn't be compatible, as long as it was written for (and compatible with) the operating system you're currently running.   I would recommend creating a Restore Point if you're using Windows, then updating the driver using the newer version from nVIDIA.  If there are problems with the driver you can always revert back using the Restore Point.  Or just revert back using Device Manager.

Let us know if there are any problems and, if case we need to do any other troubleshooting, please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

Todd

2 Posts

January 8th, 2016 20:00

Good to know.  I will create a restore point as you said.  Thank you for the help.

February 15th, 2016 07:00

HI,

I installed Adobe cc2015 on my Dell Precision M3800 and I'm getting problems with the graphic drivers ..Adobe photoshop, Illustrator and some other applications are not compatible with current graphic drivers.. even after updating nVIDIA drivers from the website I'm getting the same issue..

My current operating system is Windows 10 64bit..

can somebody help me to fix this issue...  

No Events found!