Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2013 05:00

Overheat problem in Inspiron 15R N5110

I have an Inspiron 15R N5110 laptop.Whenever i play a game or do something with high level program , my laptop warming and it is suddenly closing.While i was buying laptop , i thought "DELL is the best company".But now i do not have thoughts like this.Because this laptop exactly sucks.I tried everything that i can to cool my laptop.But i could not find any solutions.Please help me :emotion-12:

Inspiron 15R N5110

1.3K Posts

April 14th, 2013 05:00

Hi Lyconis,

What games and high level programs are you trying to run on the system? Please flash the latest Bios from the link below. Also ensure that you clean the air vents of the laptop with a can of compressed air.

http://dell.to/XKSjzI

4 Posts

April 22nd, 2013 07:00

I have already installed the latest version ( A11 ) . I checked my air vents with Dell Diagnostics.They're spinning with 5000 rpm.I can't even play Call of Duty 4.As you know it's game of 2007 and my laptop is newer than this game.How can't i even play this game ? I really wonder this.

4 Posts

April 26th, 2013 03:00

Please help me. Should I use my i7 processor , gt525m to surf ? Can't I play any game ?

I found a solution but its too bad.Because i'm decreasing my processor's performance to %50.I saw too many people who has same problem.But i could not see someone solved this problem.This Laptop is completely mistake and trash...

4 Posts

May 6th, 2013 07:00

Why doesn't anyone answering to me ? I think DELL's support is the worst among other companies. I saw too many topics about my problem.But the answers from DELL is same.THEY MUST ACCEPT THIS LAPTOP IS A DESIGN FAIL AND THEY MUST FIND SOLUTION ( exchange or etc. ) .

68 Posts

June 16th, 2013 10:00

I want a solution, too! Decreasing processor to 50% is the only thing which helps...come on! I won't buy a Ferrari to ride it with 30 mph!!! When the processor is that powerfull and I've paid 1000$ for that piece of Substitute character removed as per TOU> I will not use only 50% of its potential! It was first the defect wireless card...forgot about that, I don't want the full potential of it at the cost of constant drops! But the processor...it's too much for me! I'll make Dell anticomersial to anyone I know! :@

1 Message

July 31st, 2013 22:00

Could be the thermal paste on the CPU or GPU not transfering heat properly due to age of the paste, but you have to understand, an i7 and discrete GPU in a  laptop just asks for heat, and you should be aware of that before buying one since laptops don't provide nearly as good of cooling as desktops.

And honestly, being inappropriate isn't going to get you anywhere. If you want immediate support, call them! That's what the phones are for. Forums you won't always get an immediate repsonse.

I have the exact same configuration as both of you, and my computer runs cool, never had any problems at all. Zero issues. I run at less than 50 degrees idle and under load not much more than 65-70 C, which is normal. I also have a Dell XPS Desktop with an i7 and discrete graphics and it runs perfect. I'd recommend Dell to anyone.

You usually see 5-10 complaints and think everyone is having issues, but you realize there are thousands of these laptops sold and you only usually see people on forums complaining, not praising. Because it's a help forum. Keep that in mind before you call dell trash. There are lemons in every batch of computers made, nothing can be perfect, and they will help make everything better, that is if you are co-operative.

2 Posts

October 4th, 2016 15:00

Im having the same problem. i have an inspiron 15 and it's new. whenever i start playing a game (call of duty ghosts) it starts to overheat and evantually shut down.

the computer is brand new

No Events found!