Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 14th, 2016 14:00

PC Not recognizing AC Adapter, Will Not Charge

Hey Forum,

I have a Dell Inspiron 13z 5323 Laptop that I have been using for roughly 3 years.  Recently, my computer hasn't been able to recognize my AC Adapter (65 W, I'm pretty sure), and therefore the PC has disabled charging automatically. 

I bought a new DC Jack and Battery and installed them onto my computer manually, and I updated to the latest BIOS update, but that does not seem to be the solution because my computer still says "Plugged in, not charging".

Is there anything else I can do to help this without making more purchases?  I've seen that a last resort is to obtain a new motherboard but I would really like to not do that.  Let me know if anyone has had a similar problem and was able to find a solution.

- Troy 

2 Posts

April 14th, 2016 16:00

Hey Forum,

I have a problem with my laptop, the model number for the primary battery cannot be determined. This will prevent any battery present from charging. please insert a Dell battery for best system operation.. I need help immediately for this kind of problem, and also my laptop shut down itself. Please let me know how can I fix it..

Thanks

- Walter 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 14th, 2016 18:00

The first thing to try when the unrecognized AC adapter problem surfaces is a new OEM Dell AC adapter.  If you haven't done that, it is the next step.  If you have, and have already replaced the battery and DC jack, it's the mainboard that is bad.

2K Posts

April 15th, 2016 02:00

Hi Troy,

Please restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - check the adapter status in BIOS with the adapter connected and disconnected. 

Try updating the BIOS if possible - http://dell.to/1V5Wrqy - as we have seen few cases where the BIOS updates has fixed these issues.

If nothing goes, then as advised by ejn63, you would need to try a new power adapter and then a motherboard.

If you wish to order the parts through Dell, then contact us via Twitter - @dellcares for faster communication.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!