Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 7th, 2012 21:00

PLEASE HELP! Dell Inspiron 5050

ok so i was downloading a game called Second Life onto my computer. Norton said it was a safe download so i did. the thing would not start up. i forgot what it actually said but i some how got it to run as a admin. few hours later my computer died. i restarted and hit repair it took roughly 23 hours before i shut it down (forced) then started it back up. this time it took maybe 18 hours. and i got to the log in screen... i log in. my computer laggs like hell then crashes. i restarted. and the same thing happends again. 

i repair my computer a second time. now it gos to the Windows Loading screen then right away it gos blue screen then crashes. once it starts back up i get 

Repair system Start Up (recommended)

or

Start Windows Normaly 

i cant repair system start up because it wont let me. so i followed some things on here and did a diagnostic test. everything passed but the hard drive. (THIS IS WORD FOR WORD WHAT I GOT..."

Error code 2000-0151

Validation 49844

Msg: Hard Drive 0 - S/N S2TJA0C17O831, incoerrect status = E3

no additional sense information

The given error code and message can be used by Dell Technical Support to help diagnose the problem. 

do you want to continue 

Yes      No       Retry

i hit yes and every thing else is ok ...So can some one please help me?

3.8K Posts

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. The Hard Drive has failed on the computer. You will need a replacement.

If you have an Active Warrant, Send me a Private Message, click on my user name, add me as a friend and send me your Service Tag, Phone Number and Address.

Thank you.

16 Posts

If it's a desktop then yes, Laptop.. no. Try that as the last resort i would first try to reinstall windows. Now since your harddrive crashed you will lose all your data ofcourse, if you have data that you needed badly then i suggest you bring the harddrive to someone who can repair the harddrive sectors. That will cost $100-$600 so i hope you don't mind either getting a new harddrive or reinstalling windows.

16 Posts

Your HD could be currupt, for this you would need to contact dell support and get sent a new one, ofcourse you would need valid coverage. Before that i would reinstall windows from the BIOS menu. Look on youtube for videos explaining how to do this as it will be much more helpful then me typing it. Just youtube this "Reinstalling windows 7 from DELL BIOS menu "type the name of your DELL product here". Before you try this though i would first remove the harddrive from the system then boot up without the harddrive, then shut down the computer and reconnect the harddrive then boot up.

Good luck!

4 Posts

wiat... wouldnt my warranty be void of i take apart my computer?also i dont think i should take apart my laptop intill i know for show i can do it

4 Posts

oh ... great... lose all my stuff ... i so should have saved it to my flash drive >.< also adding

16 Posts

August 7th, 2012 22:00

Yes if you have important data that you need i would see if geek squad can recover your data for you, but it's not cheap so make sure it would be worth it. Dell does not recover your data they just send you a brand new harddrive and then you need to clean install windows onto it. It sounds like your harddrive is done though so using it in it's current state may be impossible. I would contact dell support and they will send you a new hd. And you will need the drivers discs for the OS reinstall.

Contact Royan directly as he can help you with this situation.

3.8K Posts

Hi,

If you have an active warranty, do not try to reseat the hard drive. I suggest you follow the suggestions given above in my initial post.

Thank you.

3.8K Posts

Hi,

If the system was purchased at Best Buy and if the system is still registered under Best Buy you can take it to them for a Hard Drive Replacment. If you would like to Dell to have it replaced, then log on to www.dell.com/register and register the system under your name, and send me your information in a Private Message. You will probably need the discs to reinstall the drivers.

Thank you

4 Posts

500GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive could i just buy that and hand it over to like geek squad or something at best buy? i also have the Drivers And Utilities CD rom... could that do anything for me

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 8th, 2012 03:00

StormTier,

To save your files and folders, try creating a Download Knoppix Live CD or DVD   and boot the computer using it. You should be able to save the files and folders that you need.

Rick

No Events found!