Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2012 14:00

PLEASE HELP - Inspiron 1545 webcam issues

HI,

I've been researching this problem everywhere and have just had no luck what so ever.

My webcam works fine, i can use it on skype and the webcam picks me up perfectly.

I recently decided to use my webcam to make videos and take photos so i downloaded "Dell Webcam Center version 2.01.26", however when i click on capture in the photo option the following message displays, " No supported webcam driver detected".

In device manager i have updated my driver for integrated webcam, and have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling it.

I have also looked at the drivers relating to dell inspiron 1545 32 bit as well as vista (as some people recommend this option) and found no drivers related to webcams.

I do not understand what the problem is or how to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 22nd, 2012 15:00

coco_05,

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central

PLEASE READ AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT I ASKED, BELOW.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Also try running the Webcam Diagnostics

Did the webcam show in the symptom tree?

Any error messages?

Is the computer under warranty?

Rick

2 Posts

September 23rd, 2012 02:00

Thanks so much for the quick reply,

I tried running the webcam diagnostics, after the message that says run additional memory tests, i clicked no as advised but the next screen im given just says start windows normally. I do not get  the "Booting diagnostic Utility Partition" screen and could therefore not see the symptom tree.

Not sure how to get to that screen

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 23rd, 2012 13:00

coco_05,

You can try this but I'm not sure if it will tell us much.

Go to Dell PC Diagnostics click on symptom, then select webcam. See if the webcam shows or not.

Let's try creating a new unrestricted user account. See if the webcam comes back. If it does, then log out and log in to your account and try the webcam. It should work.

It's usually rare that the webcam fails.

I have also see the webcam come detached form the motherboard, usually in the screen area near the webcam

Rick

No Events found!