Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2017 01:00

POWER

I HAVE  A INSPIRON 14 3452 THE POWER PLUG WASN'T WORKING I SENT AWAY FOR NEW ONE AND NOW STILL NOT POWERING UP THE LIGHT AT BOTTOM COMES ON THEN FADES AWAY, ANYBODY HAVE AN IDEA?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 8th, 2017 04:00

Sounds more like you have a bad system board.

August 8th, 2017 10:00

NOW THE LIGHTS DONT COME ON AND BATTERY ISN'T SHOWING THAT ITS CHARGING

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 9th, 2017 09:00

:emotion-2:

Windows 10 is on the system?  You're able to boot into windows now? Does the LED indictor on the AC adapter is solid green or blue? You hearing any beeps coming the computer? You seeing any light on front of the computer, see image below). If yes, what color?

Front:

August 9th, 2017 16:00

Yes on the adapter itself is lit up green, yes I'm running Windows 10 there is no light on the front of the computer whatsoever and battery is showing up in the bottom right hand corner 0 available plugged in but not charging

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 11th, 2017 11:00

My apology for the late response:

Please check status of AC adapter and battery health in the BIOS by following the steps below.

1.Power off system

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping F2  key continuously to get into BIOS setup.

The status of AC adapter and battery health should be listed in battery information. The adapter should say it's type, if it say Unknown or None then it's most likely an issue with the adapter. Keep in mind, if the adapter isn't detected, the system will continue to received power but will not charge the battery. Also, if the adapter isn't Dell genuine part then it most like won't charge the battery either.

The battery health should say Excellent or Your Battery Is Performing Normally

Note: Please wiggle the AC adapter's end while checking status in BIOS. This will help diagnose a loose / bad DC jack

No Events found!