Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 29th, 2011 10:00

Password screen prior to booting into W7????

Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop can  not  get past screen prompting for admin. password, will not reckonize F2 or F12?

So in other terms this laptop goes right to this screen and after three password attempts it shuts down, I dis assembled and removed cmos battery for several days...  surprise to find same issue after re installing entire laptop????   It is pretty nice but guess I will just use it for parts...  Previous owner is no help for the right password....

Any suggestions????

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 29th, 2011 10:00

Dell Support will not give a bios password out to anyone but the original owner.

You must do ownership transfer to get help from Dell support.

Ownership Transfers - Ownership-Tag Transfer | Dell

You +1'd this publicly.  Undo

Dell makes it easy to transfer the warranty and ownership of Dell products from one owner to another

owner and from one country to another.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 29th, 2011 14:00

Thanks Speedstep!    I have no idea who that may have been or even where,, (original owner wise, i am a tech and this was in alotment of varies parts and laptops from an auction) I no its been several years since I got certified in PC repairs and technology keeps evolving...  Use too be if you removed cmos clock battery on a systemboard it would erase any or clear any passwords.....

14.4K Posts

November 29th, 2011 15:00

That does not work on laptops. It is a security measure because laptops are easily stolen. So in order to clear the password you would need to call Dell, prove your the owner and pay about 69 for the master password.

No Events found!