Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 1st, 2010 21:00

People who own the XPS M1710.

I was just wondering if its just me that is having a lot of issues with this series. My three year extended warranty has been up and this is pretty much what I had to go through:

4 motherboards (one was sent after warranty because it was a common issue I had but I do want to say more on that later)

2 fan and heatsinks sets

lcd screen

2 speakers sets

I lost count on ac adapters

who knows what they did at the depot (came back with 9 missing screws that the tech noticed and replaced for me)

only one time did it fall and that was sent to the depot

Now my main issue is that the motherboard they sent me after my warranty was up is defective Dell says its normal but going through 3 motherboard that the where the ac adapter plugs in the motherboard just sits loosely  in there and can fall out easily and moves all up and around in there and then I have battery charging issues is not something I want to happen out of warranty. The motherboard I just replace had a short in the trace somewhere near the headphone jack. I no this for a fact because if I move the motherboard a certain way the sound works. But the ac plug fits perfectly in the motherboard (the only one out of 4). Now Im stuck with a motherboard that 'shouldnt' fail as support says...but thats what the other ones said about my other motherboards...

No Responses!
No Events found!