Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 5th, 2016 23:00

Please Help " URGENT "

Hi There,

I'm looking forward to Clean Install Windows 10 on my laptop but I do had many questions.

my laptop specs is :

*6th Generation Intel(R) Core ( TM) i7-6700HQ Quad Core (6M Cache, up to 3.5 GHz)
*DW1830 3x3 802.11ac 2.4/5GHz + Bluetooth 4.1
*Dell 56 WHr 3-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery
*130W AC Adapter
*1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive + 32GB Solid State Drive
*16GB (2x8GB) 2133MHz DDR4 Memory
*15.6" 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160 ) InfinityEdge touch, Sliver

since I received my laptop I had been walk through many steps just for learning some things about the machine itself and right now I'm looking forward to completely setup it from A TO Z.

I did purchased Windows 10 Pro from microsoftstore.com and I did installed windows media creation tool but upon checking the windows category list I hadn't found windows 10 Pro so I contacted Microsoft and they informed me that the list is not showing windows 10 Pro anymore and that I need to install Windows 10 and once I get inside the system so I can update it using the product key to Windows 10 Pro. so by anyway I had used media creation tool and I did already placed windows 10 on the USB.

So right now I need to know the correct configuration for BIOS before I start the installation for the windows.

before if I pressed F2 And then pressed on restore defaults so I was do see 2 options ( BIOS Defaults and Factory Settings )

look that photo

now after I was save some custom setting so it's appear for me ( Bios defaults / Factory Settings / Custom user settings )

so how can I delete the ( custom user settings option ) ?? I did tried with upgrading / downgrading and reset bios defaults/ factory settings but doesn't deleted the customer user settings !

look the photo for it

and I need to know which one I should choose to reset the bios as Dell configured it. ( bios defaults or factory settings ) because I read on internet that each option apply different settings. also I noticed that there's some options that the reset doesn't make sense for it which is left for user to manually configure them such as boot sequence, advanced boot options, sata operation, drives and secure boot ! are I'm correct or there's another things which reset defaults doesn't make sense for ? and please tell me what is the default configuration as dell was apply for them.

and the second point is

right now if I pressed F12 and logged into device configuration which will pop up for me intel rapid storage technology is currently not configured ( look the photo and please tell me the correct default configuration should be what as dell was apply before .

Thanks and I'm waiting your Reply ASAP.

14 Posts

February 6th, 2016 12:00

Any updates ?

2 Posts

November 17th, 2017 14:00

I want know how to delete user defined settings too!

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

November 18th, 2017 06:00

You can’t delete the User Defined Settings option entirely. If you want to overwrite them, load the Factory settings then save those as User Defined Settings, then optionally make any customizations you want and re-save the User Defined profile.

For the Rapid Storage setting, on a modern OS if you don’t intend to use RAID or a technology like Intel Smart Response, either method will work. I tend to prefer AHCI to essentially disable the built-in RAID controller, but on newer systems that support NVMe, systems ship in RAID mode for compatibility with OSes that don’t natively support NVMe, like Windows 7.

No Events found!