Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 11th, 2017 11:00

Poor Technical Support and Warranty Claim

I bought my laptop in July 2017 from the US. It's 13-inch Dell XPS 13.  Last month I started having issues with my screen. The screen flickered and intermittently blackout. I tried to resolve the issue by using Dell support assist system tests. It said that everything was in order all the hardware and software.

However, the issue got worse and I am unable to carry on with my work. When I contacted Dell support team Spain they asked me to transfer the warranty to Spain because I bought the laptop in the US. I filled that form and didn't receive any confirmation email that the process has been completed. The technical support in Spain cannot move ahead unless the warranty has been transferred. Which I don't know. I wrote two emails to dell support haven't received a single reply instead I keep getting the promotional email.

I had a chat twice with the technical support they tell you what they want to tell you without listening to the issue and end the discussion when they want to. It has been almost two weeks and my issue is still pending. Irrespective of the fact that due to this fault my work has been affected, this is highly disrespectful on Dell's part.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 11th, 2017 11:00

The warranty can only be transferred if:

1.  The system is sold in Spain (if it's not, no support).

2.  The system was purchased with an upgrade to onsite service at extra cost (or you buy that upgrade before transferring).

3.  You are the registered owner of the system (this can cause problems if the system was purchased other than direct from Dell, or a Dell-authorized seller).  If the system was purchased from a third party, Amazon storefront, etc. -- contact the seller for the information you'll need to transfer the ownership).

November 11th, 2017 13:00

The system was purchased from dell directly. Nevertheless, atleast they owe a reply

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 11th, 2017 14:00

Do you have the upgraded warranty in place, and is the model you purchased sold in Spain?

November 11th, 2017 16:00

It says mail in service warranty lasting till June next  year and the model is XPS 13 9360 sold in Spain also. Can you help me identify the problem whether its a driver issue or a graphic card issue?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 12th, 2017 03:00

The mail-in warranty is not transferable internationally.  You must have onsite service to transfer the warranty.

On the blackout issue, is the system running the latest firmware (BIOS)?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 12th, 2017 13:00

You'll need to contact Dell Spain about purchasing the upgrade to the warranty needed for transfer.

What version of Windows (Fall Creator's Edition?) and video drivers are installed?

November 12th, 2017 13:00

Thank you so much kindly let me know the way forward. I just checked the BIOS version is 2.3.1. Kindly let me know if I can do something on my own to resolve the issue.

No Events found!