Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 16th, 2013 07:00

Popping Subwoofer in Dell XPS L502X

Hello everyone!! I am one of those proud owners of the Dell XPS L502X which boasts of perhaps the best set of laptop speakers in the world. I was very happy with my laptop's performance n especially its awesome sound until it turned awful. :( On one fine day 6 months ago I was watching 'The Minority Report' movie-a Speilberg classic starring my fav hero Tom Cruise. Everything was fine until one defining moment,one of the pre-cogs in the movie screams 'Ruuuunnnnnn!!!!!!!' but that unfortunately meant my subwoofer's run to paradise :P There was a popping sound from the subwoofer n from there on my XPS was never the same..he quakes on high bass n volume..he sounds awful at times. He needs a rehab. Can anyone help me on this?? Thank you!! :)

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 16th, 2013 09:00

Hello. It seems like a hardware failure. You could check out the suggestions in the L502x and L702x sections of the Choppy/Skipping Audio FAQ, but seriously if re-installing the Realtek audio driver does not fix it then I think you have to replace the speaker.

If you are still under warranty Dell will fix it. You can contact tech support.

Or if you want to tackle it yourself you can get a replacement speaker. You can download the Service Manual that has instructions for dis-assembling your laptop.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 16th, 2013 10:00

Forgot to put in a link to the speaker. You can get the subwoofer from various places. There is one at the parts-people:

www.parts-people.com/index.php

2 Posts

August 16th, 2013 13:00

Yeah,it's a hardware problem..nothing wrong with the drivers or system software..Thank  u very much Jim!! :)

No Events found!