Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2012 07:00

Power Adapter, Inspiron 8600

Does anyone know if the Inspiron 8600 came with the PA-10 or PA-12 adapter? I also had a Latitude D400, and one came with the PA-10, one with the PA-12 and I don't know which had which.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

November 23rd, 2012 09:00

Hi jeyges,

PA-10 and PA-12 power adapters are compatible with both Inspiron 8600 and Latitude D400. Please reply to me in a Private Message with the Service Tags of the laptops and the DP /N ID of the AC Adapters.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name ‘DELL-Rajath N ’highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide the Service Tag (including the name on the account) so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message. Please let me know if this helps.

12 Posts

November 23rd, 2012 16:00

I couldn't figure out how to send a private message through Dell's system.

Here is the service tag: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

I only have one adapter left, the PA-12, but I'm not sure it's the one that came with the 8600. It's giving me some trouble and I want to get a replacement. I have to play with it to get the system to recognize it's plugged in , and even then, most of the time it will only power the system, but not charge the battery.

Here is the only number on the adapter: CN-0HN662-47890-763-A2WX

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

November 27th, 2012 11:00

Hi jeyges,

Thank you for your reply. Please, click on my name ‘DELL-Rajath N ’highlighted in blue on the web page. Then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.  Please send the Service Tag in a Private Message.

12 Posts

November 27th, 2012 16:00

Rajath, I click on the "Friends" tab, but I don't see anything that says "Request to Review". There is a an option at the right to "Start a Conversation". Would that be it?

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

November 28th, 2012 11:00

Hi jeyges,

Thank you for your reply.  Yes, you have to click on “Start a Conversation” and enter the information. Please include the number next to DP/N on the Power Adapter in your message.

No Events found!