Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 10th, 2014 11:00

Power up issues on my Inspiron 15 3521

I recently posted a question regarding problems powering up my 1 year old Inspiron laptop, but have not received a reply as yet. This device requires me to press the power button as many as a dozen times before it will power up. This morning I did a restart and instead of restarting it powered down and I had to press the power button 10 times before it powered up. I'm now afraid to shut off the laptop or even restart it for fear that it will someday just not power up. Can anyone please help me?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

March 10th, 2014 11:00

Remove the battery, unplug the system and hold the power button for 30 sec. Verify that the AC adapter LED comes on and stays on before you plug in the notebook end.  If it doesn't, the adapter is bad.

Remove and reinstall both memory modules.  Try powering up on AC only.  If the system will power up without the battery but not reliably with it, the battery may be going bad.

If you still have powerup issues, it's likely the mainboard is the cause - a solder joint somewhere may be failing.  Unfortunately, the only real solution is a replacement mainboard.

No Events found!