Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2017 01:00

Precision 3510, AMD FirePro driver issues

As a graphic designer, I'd love to have the AMD driver features. But I cant install them. I tried everything, clean instald with DDU, every driver release the site offfers, blah blah blah nothing works. My laptop fails to install even 2 of the 3 recommended drivers on the official Dell support website. I switched to Dell for the "superior" support. It's just disapointing that stuff that should just work by itself is not working. I know it's literally day 1 for the relive version of the pro drivers, but these features are free and Dell shouldn't have to do anything to make it work. Anyway, I'd like to know if Dell will release an official driver that will give these features?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 27th, 2017 09:00

In your opinion, what specific "features" are missing from the Dell OEM AMD FirePro driver versus the retail driver? What operating system are you running? What specific AMD FirePro GPU?

5 Posts

January 27th, 2017 11:00

its not abput what missing and whats its about making our "lifes" hard sorry for beeing negative but for exable i just wrote a huge  reply pressed reply and guess what nothing happend ... i dont have the patience to write it again so my point is we should be able to install the same drivers since the whole firepro w5000 series is supported... and in my  opinion that is missing www.youtube.com/watch and i know its literally day but why the unnecessary delay......

5 Posts

January 27th, 2017 11:00

well this... www.youtube.com/watch ... but its not just about what is missing its about make something easy harder for no reasson , if you check amd site the firepro w5000 series is suported not the w5130m (its gcn so why not)... i bought this laptop a few months back... i imidiatly replaced the hdd with an ssd and i had to reinstall the drivers , (yes i know the intel drivers first.... ) the official site was recomenting 3 drivers 2 of them was not even recognising the card (tried everything with ddu or not safe mode ...) only the oldest was working (it recognized the card r9 360) ...

today after posting this i checked the site it only had a new one(that works) and it was a basic form of crimson ,,,,the dell precision optimiser never offered any amd update ( i check manualy once a week) .

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 29th, 2017 15:00

Anytime a link is posted on our Forum, the reply has to be approved before it goes live. You need to email or chat with AMD support directly to ask if the Dell OEM AMD FirePro W5130M is compatible with their Radeon Pro Relive software.

5 Posts

January 30th, 2017 00:00

isnt that the dell support page? do i need to call them ? for something that i know already.... the gpu it self is supported (its an r9 360) i dont what dell changed in the pcb and broke compatibility my guess is dell will release a relive version of the oem driver that will work....but who knows when

No Events found!