Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

April 4th, 2017 09:00

Precision 5510 weird GPU driver issues (screen blanking/dark) (Intel P530)

Hi all,

I'm really having a few issues with my Precision 5510's graphics running Windows 10. Essentially, I have two problems: the screen often goes black momentarily (for about two seconds) and then comes back again, which is really annoying. In addition, the screen's brightness sometimes goes dark, despite the backlight being on its maximum setting. I believe that this is a bug with the GPU drivers, but I am running the latest version, and there have been no updates since then. Has anyone else experienced this, and what would be the best way to fix it.

Many thanks for your help!

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

April 5th, 2017 08:00

Hi jafico1,

Thanks for posting.

This may be a motherboard or an issue between the keyboard and the motherboard.  Please run diagnostics and then contact Tech Support for further assistance.  Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

April 5th, 2017 10:00

@Jafico1,

Robert referred your question to me. Please send me a friend request with your email address and service tag and we'll start a case together.

5 Posts

April 5th, 2017 13:00

@kyse I don't think my issue is related to yours - this happened before the current driver was installed (with the prev. version), and I haven't have a BSOD as of yet. Dell definitely shouldn't be releasing buggy GPU drivers though.

2 Posts

April 5th, 2017 13:00

I am experiencing the same issue.

A) This started happening after installing the latest Intel HD Graphics 530/P530 Driver (Video_Driver_9T55H_WN32_21.20.16.4590_A09.EXE) from the Dell support site.

B) When I wake up the next day, my laptop has generally been idle, lid closed (but powered on), and screen dark.  When I plulg it in, open the lid and bring up the screen brightness since the sun is out, the black screen blinking starts happening until Win 10 gives me the video_tdr_failure BSOD.  After the core dump and reboot it works fine... until the next day.

Will be rolling back the driver in the mean time.  This detail needs to be passed along to whomever failed to test the new drivers they pushed out so they can resolve.

1 Message

April 24th, 2017 03:00

Hi all,

I have this problem since I've updated to A09. (actually I already have this issue on Win 7 a year ago after a video driver update, which forced me to switch on Win 10)

The flickering disappears when I connect the notebook to mains power, but it's not a real solution.

I had to roll back to the previous available driver version. (A07)

No Events found!