I just have M6500 from a friend, when I try to turn it on the system won't boot. Fan spins and then the thing shuts off in a couple seconds.
Trying many things and it did not work
- With one memory slot DIMM1 from working station M6400
- Change the CMOS battery
- Change AC adapter from working station M6400
Any ideas how to fix this problem? Does the motherboard have the problem or something else?
I had the same issue. The solution that worked for me was to:
1) Power down my laptop
2) Disconnect the power cord from laptop
3) Remove battery from laptop (Remember to ground yourself before going inside your computer)
4) Remove memory sticks from laptop
5) Hold down power button for 30 seconds
6) Reassemble everything including power cord.
7) Turn computer on by pressing power button as usual