Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 16th, 2017 23:00

Primary and Secondary (VGA) screen not working on Inspiron 1464...

Guys,

I need help to my Dell Inspiron 1464 laptop. I bought it last 2010 and use it as normal computer. The specs is Intel i5 processor, 3GB RAM, 512MB Video card, 320HHD... I encounter display not working for primary and secondary display (VGA) when turning it on. It will turn on but there is no such activity was working on system, there is no beep or sound also which indicate if there is a failure on the hardware. I try to drain the static charge as what I see and read to the other forum but it doesn't work. Also, I try to dismantle my laptop and clean the terminal of primary display but it doesn't work also, and try to change the RAM but still doesn't work also.

Is any one have idea what should I do to this laptop? I suspected that the mother board or Hard disk is the cause of the problem.

Thank you guys.

Community Manager

• 

2.3K Posts

August 17th, 2017 16:00

Hi syvion, 

Unfortunately if the built-in LCD and also an external display is not working it most likely is the motherboard (as the graphics card is built-in). It looks like you have also tried everything I would have done. If you decide to replace the board the Service Manual can be found at this link

Best regards,

Brad 

No Events found!