Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 22nd, 2013 10:00

Problem After Error while Bios Update!!!

So I ran the driver update utility and it came up with 2 recommendations...

1)Update BIOS to A09

2)Update BIOS to A11

Did the first BIOS update...all ran smoothly...Laptop restarts...all fine...I start the second update but after like 10 secs windows blue screen of death appears and shuts down after like 15secs...Restars but screen is completely unresponsive(black)...cpu spins sometimes faster and sometimes slower...even the power off button doesn't work...so i plug the power cable and the battery out..I replug them back and start the computer..screen is still completely unresponsive but power off button works...any suggestions???

MODEL = DELL INSPIRON R15 N5110

9 Posts

April 26th, 2013 05:00

Hi,

The problem is now solved...A dell technician was sent to my house the previous day and replaced the motherboard...gotta love dell's next business day warranty....:)

Thank for the response Senthil.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

April 22nd, 2013 11:00

Hi andrew_gr,

Please let us know if there are any light activities in the system, also connect an external monitor and check if the display comes up. In case the problem persists run the hardware diagnostics to check if the hardware is working as designed.

Switch off the computer and then press Fn + power to run the diagnostics.

If the test fails, please make a note of any error codes listed.

Let us know about the progress.

9 Posts

April 22nd, 2013 12:00

*the power button led is activated too.

**after the three leds go on one after another they all go off (always have)

***when i run the hardware diagnostics i do not hear any sounds or anything.

9 Posts

April 22nd, 2013 12:00

Hi Senthil and thnx for the quick response..

Okay..so when i power on the system the three leds below the screen go on one after another as always have been...There are two more lights active (of the four that are located above the left speaker)...the power on and the battery...i tried the external display suggestion but nothing happened...I also tried to run the hardware diagnostics by pressing Fn+Power but since both displays were off i didn't really know if it worked or not...

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

April 25th, 2013 07:00

Hi andrew_gr,

This may be a memory issue; release static power and remove the memory. To release static power, follow the steps below.

Switch off the system; remove the battery, ac adapter and the power cable. Press and hold down the power button for thirty seconds to drain any excess static power.

Remove and reinstall both memory modules.  Try booting again.  If you get nothing, try one memory at a time in each socket until you isolate the bad memory (which you'll need to replace) or bad socket (in which case you'll need to replace the system board).

Please use the user manual to remove the memory using the link below.

http://bit.ly/11R8yLX

Let us know about the progress.

No Events found!