Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 25th, 2012 11:00

Problem In Keyboard

I have inspiron N4050. Two of my laptop's key is not working properly, "left Arrow" key and "up arrow key" are not working, when I press any of these keys either some random key is entered in the OS or nothings happens. Particularly "mute key" is more often entered on pressing "left-arrow" key. Can anyone help with this.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

December 25th, 2012 12:00

Hi shantanu1993,

I suggest you to clean the keyboard with a can of compressed air to remove dust or any particles accumulated below the keys. You will also need to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard from the “Device Manager”. Please follow the steps provided below:

1. Click on “Start” and enter “Device Manager” without quotes in “Start Search” and press Enter.
2. Click on the arrow beside “Keyboards” and right click on the keyboard listed.
3. Click “Uninstall” and restart the computer. The keyboard would be installed automatically.

You may also try using an external keyboard and check if the issue occurs on it and let me know about your findings.

December 25th, 2012 21:00

Nopes, still not working. I reinstalled my keyboard, blow compressed air on the board by vaccum cleaner and even in BIOS the keys are not working.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

December 27th, 2012 17:00

Hi shantanu1993,

Thank you for your reply and for providing an update on the status. The keyboard may need to be replaced. I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name ‘DELL-Rajath N’ highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide the system’s Service Tag and contact details(including the name on the account) so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message. Please let me know if this helps.

No Events found!