Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

October 28th, 2017 20:00

Problematic Dell XPS systems - be very aware of the "Dell update"

I purchased two almost identical Dell XPS laptop, one 15" and one 13", for the purpose of back up each other.  If one computer is down, the other is still running.  The 15" runs fine, the 13" with the same hardware set up is full of problems.  The 13" wireless keep drop in and out of the wifi while the 15" has no problem at the same location.  The 13" keep have this notification "dell update ready to install".  After the install, the computer is crashed 5 times with blue screens.  Both computers are 3 months old, and I asked Dell to send  a replacement while they could repair the 13".  I keep sending them the pictures of the crash blue screen. But they refuse to send me a replacement.  Dell insists they will send a technician to my place for the repair.  That means I cannot work for that day: I travel and visit client as my job.  I have worked on it for 4 hours. How many hours do I need to work to fix the *** computer?

I will keep everyone posted of this.  And every time when the computer crash, I am going to make a call and ask for replacement.  Lets see how many times I should try to get any answer.

Song

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 29th, 2017 09:00

Something you might do to help folks see the problem is to note any differences between the two systems.  For instance, do they have the same model Wi-Fi adapter?  

If you compare the connection status on both systems, are they similar as far as IP addresses and both networks are showing as Private.

No Events found!