Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 12th, 2011 09:00

Problems installing an update! (DerivedDat...?)

My Latitude|D630 notified me that I had an update. It told me it would take about an hour and I wouldn't be able to use my computer during that time. I agreed, and then it showed "installing 1 out of 3, 3%" etc. Eventually it became a black screen and, in white text, looked to be running through 101911 files. When it got about a third of the way through, it said "!! 0xc01a001d !! 37406/101911 (\Registry\Machine\COMPONENTS\DerivedDat...) and the font is blinking slightly. I've restarted and gone through the same process multiple times, always coming to this conclusion. Nothing will allow me to turn on my computer without bypassing this update. What can I do?

2 Posts

March 12th, 2012 12:00

"!! 0xc01a001d !! yes I am having exactly the same thing with my  vostro 1000 laptop vista :( :( cant start laptop up now. tryed everything apart from restoring vista with recovery disc, please let me know if you find out how to fix this

2 Posts

March 12th, 2012 12:00

support.dell.com/.../document please see this article as I have looked into this and it seems to be a virus and this article gives a solution. I am trying it out now but so far still can not get windows to start maybe you will have better luck

No Events found!