Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 5th, 2009 13:00

Problems intalling drivers

Dell Inspiron 2200 Laptop (4 years old) - Celeron 1.4 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 38 gb hdd which had WinXP Home.  I reformatted the hard (NTFS) and installed WinXP Pro, SP-2.  I downloaded all the drivers from Dell pertinent to this computer; copied them to this laptop and followed all the instructions to install/setup each one. 

Device Manager  shows the following to be OK:  Display adapter, DVD, Modem, PCMCIA; however, the following items under ?Other Devices have the big ??? mark: ?Ethernet Controller, ?Network Controller, ?Video Controller.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Intel Pro VE network adapter at least a dozen times.  I have run the setup files for all of these multiple times and restarted the computer dozens of times.  I have downloaded the files from Dell multiple times in case of corruption.

Any help?  Thanks,

HillCoRob

2.9K Posts

June 5th, 2009 13:00

Did you install ALL of the drivers, and did you install them in this order?

9 Posts

June 11th, 2009 14:00

Did you install ALL of the drivers, and did you install them in this order?

I followed the sequence, however, the fourth (4th) item, the NIC did not take so I continued down the list.  Some installed and some did not.

I am reinstalling the WinXP PRO upgrade (as new installation with reformatting).  When complete, I will try again with the exact sequence, just in case I might have messed up the first time.  Will advise results.

BTW, I have downloaded all the drivers again from DELL.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this, but other more pressing projects surfaced.

Thanks for your assistance.

HillCoRob

No Events found!