Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 17th, 2017 07:00

Problems with new Internal Hard Drive for Dell Inspiron n4020

Hi everybody,

I have a serious problem, I have a dell Inpiron N420 that has problems with its internal hard drive. It seems that it is damaged and needs to be replaced.  For this reason I bought a new hard drive with the following specifications:

Toshiba Mobile ,Hard Drive L200,  1TB, 5400rpm, 8MB buffer, HDWJ110.

Although I could install the new hard drive and windows 7 in my laptop, I couldn't install the drivers, there is a kind of error. I would like to know if I resolve this problem.

Adittionaly, my old hard drive was a Samsung Sata of 200GB

Please I need your help!!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 17th, 2017 08:00

The drivers must be installed in a specific order, starting with the chipset driver.

• 

16.7K Posts

November 17th, 2017 08:00

SONOMAN18 ,

Please provide the error you get trying to install the hard drive. We can then look it up and hopefully provide a resolution for you.

6 Posts

November 17th, 2017 13:00

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for your help. I installed windows 7 again with its drivers, but I still have the same problems.

First:

When I installed the video drivers "Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family Rev: A" my screen changed. Before installing this driver the size of the images were okay, but when I installed it the images became bigger.

Second:

After installing the Audio Drivers "IDT Audio Driver Rev: A00" my laptop lost its sound. The volume logo appears with a image that indicates that there is not sound.

Third:

After installing the Network Drivers "Atheros AR9132 Ethernet Controller Driver" and "Foxconn Wireless 365 Bluetooth Driver" a message that says "windows requires a digitally signed driver" appeared.

And now, It has appeared to message that says "error code: 0x8E5E0247" when I clicked the volume logo.

It's the first time that I have this problem. I have installed windows 7 and my laptop drivers many times, but it's the first time that I have this problem. I think that is related to my new hard drive.

6 Posts

November 17th, 2017 13:00

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for your help. I installed windows 7 again with its drivers, but I still have the same problems.

First:

When I installed the video drivers "Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family Rev: A" my screen changed. Before installing this driver the size of the images were okay, but when I installed it the images became bigger.

Second:

After installing the Audio Drivers "IDT Audio Driver Rev: A00" my laptop lost its sound. The volume logo appears with a image that indicates that there is not sound.

Third:

After installing the Network Drivers "Atheros AR9132 Ethernet Controller Driver" and "Foxconn Wireless 365 Bluetooth Driver" a message that says "windows requires a digitally signed driver" appeared.

And now, It has appeared to message that says "error code: 0x8E5E0247" when I clicked the volume logo.

It's the first time that I have this problem. I have installed windows 7 and my laptop's drivers many times, but it's the first time that I have this problem. I think that is related to my new hard drive.

6 Posts

November 20th, 2017 07:00

Any answer?

Hi????

Someone there????

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

November 20th, 2017 07:00

Any answer?

Hi????

Someone there????

Did you bother to read the link about the drivers needing to be installed in a specific order???

No Events found!