Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

January 13th, 2009 00:00

Processor Issue

Hello I've had my Dell Inspiron E1705 since October of 2006.  Since then I've been playing World of Warcraft, but I've noticed that it seems to be getting slow and slower.  Today I installed Windows Vista on to and decided to play around with some tools.  I visit Intel website and download their Intel Processor ID Utility and I get back the following test on my processor.

It clearly shows that my Intel Duo T2250 is running at a frequency of 0.79Ghz per processor instead of the listed 1.73Ghz.  Now even if I was to add up the total from each processor that would be 0.79 x 2 = 1.58Ghz still well below the listed speed.  I've contacted Intel about this and they said that you guys need to be contacted about the issue and to give advice on why its like that.

Here is the report:

Intel(R) Processor Identification Utility
Version: 4.00.20081113
Time Stamp: 2009/01/13 07:53:14
Number of processors in system: 1
Current processor: #1
Active cores per processor: 2
Disabled cores per processor: 0
Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz
Type: 0
Family: 6
Model: E
Stepping: 8
Revision: 39
Maximum CPUID Level: A
L1 Instruction Cache: 2 x 32 KB
L1 Data Cache: 2 x 32 KB
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Packaging: µFCPGA/µFCBGA
EIST: Yes
MMX(TM): Yes
SSE: Yes
SSE2: Yes
SSE3: Yes
SSE4: No
Enhanced Halt State: No
Execute Disable Bit: Yes
Hyper-Threading Technology: No
Intel(R) 64 Architecture: No
Intel(R) Virtualization Technology: No
Expected Processor Frequency: 1.73 GHz
Reported Processor Frequency: 0.79 GHz
Expected System Bus Frequency: 533 MHz
Reported System Bus Frequency: 531 MHz

8 Posts

March 25th, 2010 05:00

I am having the same problem with an Inspiron 1521. And read around the internet that many people are experiencing the same. Seems that  800MHz is the safe speed for the CPU in saving mode. That should be occurring just when low on battery, overheated, and so on. But somehow in our laptops this condition is constantly activated.

I disabled the option in the BIOS that allows automatic control on power saving, but still have the problem.

I tried upgrading and downgrading the BIOS to no avail.

I installed a couple of AMD CPU drivers but nothing seems to have happened (they don't seem to be applications, so not even a menu in windows to fiddle with)

I ran dell diagnostics from CD and the only thing that seems to be "non working" is the AC adapter!!!! But I read that could be BIOS related (i.e. it can't recognise it if it's not up to date)

I must say I changed the motherboard because I had a graphic card critical overheating, but at first it seemed to be working correctly...and so many people are experiencing this that I doubt this is the cause.

CAN ANYBODY GIVE US AN ANSWER?!

No Events found!