Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2016 10:00

RE POST!!MY INTERNAL FAN ISN'T WORKING PLS HELP

Hi agents of dell. i have a dell inspiron 3437 Service Tag:

<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

| Express Service Code:

<ADMIN NOTE: Express service code removed per privacy policy>

laptop and the fan isnt working at all. it just stopped working. i search to the internet on how to fix it and i saw upon start press F2 or F12 something and i did and its checking everything and the fan turn on after that right after the testing and everything it went back to the windows, i check and its still not working..my laptop keeps on heating up im worried the whole thing will stop working so i hope u guys can help me.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 19th, 2016 17:00

Deleted.....:emotion-2:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 19th, 2016 18:00

:emotion-2:

After you update BIOS then I suggest updating Chipset and Video drivers. Please update drivers one by one or installation order.

www.dell.com/.../EN

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 19th, 2016 18:00

I'd suggest you update system setup( BIOS) on your computer. Please click on link below:

https://youtu.be/mWn9YfxtYBo

4 Posts

July 21st, 2016 10:00

hi ahmm i downloaded all the drivers and video cards you told me and that was in the link u send, although some of it wasn't there. I numbered them so i can install them in order. I started installing them but the chip driver which is the number one on the list got an error. I print screen it hope you can see it. I dont know what to do so i stopped installing the rest.

i66.tinypic.com/35hqy6b.png

i64.tinypic.com/vcyooh.png

4 Posts

July 22nd, 2016 15:00

So today i decided to install all the drivers i downloaded even though the first driver still error(chip set driver).  i downloaded and install it all i encounter another problem and error the audio driver.  the rest I installed keeps on restarting. My internal FAN STILL ISN'T WORKING. PLEASE HELP ME WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 22nd, 2016 20:00

If I'm reading you correctly, the computer heat up but fan doesn't come on to cool computer down?

You updated BIOS, one of chipset driver and video driver ?

I also like to ask, do you play a lot of games on the system? If yes, do you experienced heating problems while playing games? You're able boot into windows? I'm assuming windows 10 is on the system?   

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Dell Knowledge Base: How to troubleshoot a Overheating, Shutdown or Thermal issue on a Dell PC

www.dell.com/.../SLN151668

No Events found!