Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 28th, 2010 20:00

Reinstall Vista from XP downgrade

When I bought my Vostro 1510, it was already "Reinstall XP from Vista Business downgrade", it was/is still  running XP. The laptop package had 2 CDs---a " Reinstallation CD for Microsoft XP Professional Service Pack 3" and a Reinstallation DVD for "WIndows Vista Business 32Bit SP1". Normal 0 false false false EN-AU ZH-CN X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Now I want to upgrade to from XP to Vista. Can I upgrade direct using the above Reinstallation Vista DVD? If yes, what are the steps required to ensure a successful upgrade?

Thanks!

4 Posts

December 28th, 2010 21:00

Just a correction and one addition to my previous posting

When I bought my Vostro 1510, it was already " Normal 0 false false false EN-AU ZH-CN X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 GENUINE WINDOWS(R) XP PROFESSIONAL SP3 (ENG) -DOWNGRADE VISTA BUSINESS PREMIUM", it was/is still  running XP. The laptop package had 2 CDs---a " Reinstallation CD for Microsoft XP Professional Service Pack 3" and a Reinstallation DVD for "WIndows Vista Business 32Bit SP1". There are no product keys for either of these 2 operating systems

Now I want to upgrade  from XP to Vista. Can I upgrade direct using the above Reinstallation Vista DVD? If yes, what are the steps required to ensure a successful upgrade?

I'm confused as it is NOT a reinstallation of Vista (because the laptop is running XP). Yet what I have is a Reinstallation DVD for "WIndows Vista Business 32Bit SP1". So, is it an upgrade (but it does not have a product key) or re-installation?????

Thanks!

No Events found!