Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2013 17:00

Restore after new hard drive - Dell inspiron n7010 laptop

My HD failed and I am installing a new one. Since the restore data is in the old HD, how can I restore to factory settings? 

I do not have any backups. And the only CD I have that came with the laptop is the Dell Drivers and Utilities. I don't think that cd has a copy of windows....so where will I install windows from?  The laptop came with windows 7.

thanks! 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

https://www.dell.com/support/diagnostics/us/en/19/nondiagnostichome?c=us&l=en&s=dhs

2 Posts

Followed the link and my laptop is out of warranty. 

It gave me a number to call. before I call, anyone knows what to expect ? Maybe a purchase option?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

October 24th, 2013 18:00

Won't hurt to call to hear what they say, but if they are willing to send you a Windows DVD, it will cost you $.

October 24th, 2013 23:00

Hi Hxlopez,

Media policy varies from region to region.

Please share the system's Service Tag and Owner's/Company's Name with me via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation) and I will check what best can be done.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist you further.

1 Message

August 5th, 2017 09:00

2017 -  MUST RESTORE MY INSPIRON 17 N 7010 TO FACTORY SETTINGS. I don't see a response here that was a solution. The "F8" solution doesn't seem to work and Dell did not provide a CD with the laptop other than the Drivers disc. It doesn't make sense to me that Dell would not allow its customers this option. Anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance.

No Events found!