Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 6th, 2013 15:00

Ricoh Driver Inspiron 9400 Windows 7 64 Bit

Hi,

I'm trying to get my Inspiron 9400 to run with Windows 7 64 bit. So far I could solve some problems I had on my way. Now I'm stuck trying to install the Ricoh driver. The Wiki recommends the R141246 Ricoh Card Reader. Unfortunately, this is only available for Win XP. When I try to install this driver I get a failure notice saying I have to run the 64 bit Version of DPInst.exe.

Is there a workaround I did not find yet? Thanks for any help.

Punkbird

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

January 6th, 2013 18:00

Hi Punkbird,

Please try installing the Richo drivers from this link: http://dell.to/WB7zs5

Click the above link and follow the onscreen instructions to download file and complete the installation.

Check the functionality of the card reader and post the results.

3 Posts

January 7th, 2013 11:00

Hi Nikhil D,

thank you very much. The driver was installed without a problem and now recognizes and opens my SD-card without a problem. Writing and reading files was also possible.

Best regards

Punkbird

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

January 7th, 2013 12:00

Hi,

I'm trying to get my Inspiron 9400 to run with Windows 7 64 bit. So far I could solve some problems I had on my way. Now I'm stuck trying to install the Ricoh driver. The Wiki recommends the R141246 Ricoh Card Reader. Unfortunately, this is only available for Win XP. When I try to install this driver I get a failure notice saying I have to run the 64 bit Version of DPInst.exe.

Is there a workaround I did not find yet? Thanks for any help.

Punkbird

Sorry that's my mistake, it should be http://ftp.dell.com/chipset/R168331.exe and not R141246. However the link DELL-Nikhil D mentioned is newer and so I will update it with that one.

3 Posts

January 7th, 2013 15:00

Hello Philip,

still I am very grateful for the list and your work to help others trying to upgrade their OS. Thank you for that!

Punkbird

No Events found!