Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 9th, 2012 19:00

SD Card Reader doesn't work

Hello, my laptop it's an XPS 15 (L502X) and today I needed to pass some photos from an SD to the laptop and it didn't read my card. I checked in device manager and the SD reader isn't even showing. I tried running diagnostics but there's nothing about the SD reader.

If someone can help me i'll be so glad, cause I really need to retrieve information from my SD Card and I don't have anyother reader.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

October 9th, 2012 19:00

Hi yarosps,

Please use the same SD card to another laptop and check if it’s working fine. If yes, then you need to update the drivers for chipset and BIOS. Use the link below to download the chipset and BIOS drivers.

http://dell.to/QbP8d8 BIOS

http://dell.to/SQpit6 Chipset driver

Please do reply for further assistance.

11 Posts

October 9th, 2012 20:00

The card works fine with the camera I have, so I'll try the updates. I'll post the results later, thanks.

11 Posts

October 9th, 2012 21:00

The updates you gave me didn't helped. I runned a SFC scan in Command Line and it found corrupt files, I don't know if it can have something to do. Now the problem it's that it says that it was unable to fix them, so I can't check also know if this is the problem.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

October 15th, 2012 00:00

Hi yarosps,

Since you have mentioned that you have updated the drivers for the card reader. Please check whether the card reader is detected under the device manager. To check the card reader is detected in device manager please follow the steps below.

Start > in search box type device manager > under the Memory technology driver > check the media card reader is detected. In case the media card reader is not detected in device manager check under the other devices > PCI simple communication controller is available. If yes, the card reader driver is not updated properly. You need to uninstall and reinstall the card reader driver again. After installing the driver again and still the same problem occurs which means the card reader slot is faulty. You need to replace the motherboard.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

October 16th, 2012 03:00

Hi yarosps,

Please let me know whether you have uninstalled and re-installed the card reader driver. After the driver installation does the problem still persists?

Please do reply for further assistance.

No Events found!