Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 5th, 2012 21:00

SDXC card reader has stopped working correctly

On this laptop (3 month old XPS laptop running Windows 7) and another Dell laptop also running Windows 7, the SD card reader has suddenly stopped reading the folders and files from Windows Explorer.  Strangely on the other Dell laptop, it could successfully read the SD card on Wednesday and today it cannot directly read the SD card.  If I use a photo manager program with the SD card in the camera connected to the computer, the photos can be read and transferred.  Is there something in the latest Windows 7 update that has affected the SD card reader?

803 Posts

October 5th, 2012 21:00

Hi amv2012,

Please update the latest chipset drivers and Ricoh drivers available at the Dell support site.

Log on to Dell support site. Enter the service tag and select the operating system to narrow down the search for the correct chipset drivers.

Update the system BIOS to the latest version.

Please reply with the results.

2 Posts

October 10th, 2012 03:00

Thanks for your reply,

I have updated the BIOS and downloaded the latest windows updates.  However I struggled to find updates to the "the latest chipset drivers and Ricoh drivers" - could you please provide some links to these. 

Unfortunately despite the update to BIOS and latest Windows Updates the problem persists.

Cheers

803 Posts

October 10th, 2012 07:00

Hi,

Were you able to use the same SD card earlier on this system? Please provide the system model in question and I will be able to give the correct links. If the issue has occurred only after the windows 7 update, uninstall the updates or perform a system restore to a previous restore date.

System Restore in Windows 7: http://bit.ly/c6PWjX

Please reply with the results.

No Events found!