Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 30th, 2010 18:00

SKIPPING CURSOR

My cursor has started skipping into other lines of text. It does this willy nilly with no particular rhyme or reason. It happened months ago and someone from Dell "took control" of my computer and fixed it. Now it has started again. It started after I had it repaired. First I was told it was because i had to reinstall windows 7 because the install from the repair shop was bad. Did that, Then they said it was the plam rest....the service agent came and said..no, it was the keyboard, so they replaced both. It is still doing it! I KNOW THERE IS A SIMPLE SOLUTION biut do not know what it is. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS? 

cindi

5.2K Posts

November 30th, 2010 20:00

The sensitivity of the pad may be too high. Go to the pad control panel and look for adjustments.

If the cursor jumps when you are typing, then install TouchFreeze, which will disable the pad when you are typing.

5.2K Posts

December 1st, 2010 14:00

You will find it in the master Control Panel, or, type mouse into the search bar and select mouse.

5 Posts

December 1st, 2010 14:00

guess i am an idiot because i cannot seem to find a control panel for the mouse pad...ahhhhhh technology. I am going to try one more time...and will install touchfreeze. thanks for trying to help. i appreciate it

1 Message

July 22nd, 2012 10:00

Cindi...did you get this problem fixed?

No Events found!