Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

September 27th, 2010 09:00

SLI not recognised on XPS M1730 since Windows 7 upgrade

Hi,

I recently upgraded my XPS M1730 from Vista to Windows 7 32Bit Professional, (despite it not being on the compatible hardware list), so with some trepidation.

The good news is everything went pretty much without a hitch.... the bad news being - "apart from SLI support for the dual Nvidia 8700M GT card".

What I get is no option to select SLI in the Nvidia control panel - entirely missing from the selection list. Also, the device manager only seems to pick up a single 8700M GT on its list of display adapters (I'm pretty sure it appeared as two separate entries in Vista).

I've done the following:

. reflashed the Nvidia BIOS, using the download listed on the Dell support site (I got mixed messages - it seemed to say it worked, then say it didn't during the boot disc process, but the level of BIOS shown when I repeated it implies it updated OK).

. updated Nvidia drivers and control panel to latest level from the Nvidia website "Verde Notebook Release 256" (version 258.96).

Still no difference. So, it's looking like I either have to choose a single video card under Windows 7 or go back to Vista!

Does anyone else have this issue and is there a fix out there? Help very much appreciated.

Keith.

No Responses!
No Events found!