Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 25th, 2014 08:00

[SOLVED] Dell XPS 15z Windows 8/8.1 Cypress Touchpad Driver

After reading many posts and trying different ways to make the touchpad work properly on Windows 8 then 8.1, it is finally working. And make no mistakes, this is NOT a workaround, it is the official driver supplied by:

No NOT DELL, because Dell until this date is providing the Windows 7 driver and says it is working, while actual users says it is not.

I have contacted Cypress directly who confirmed the driver was given to Dell but not published, and they were kind enough to provide me with the OFFICIAL driver compatible with Windows 8/8.1, and yes I have tried it and it is working beautifully.

Now, go and grip your driver and say thanks to Dell for their exceptional support!

http://uploaded.net/file/pyfrueke

Thank you Cypress

Mohannad

Sorry for the double post, but I had some typos including the title and I could not find a way to edit my post (correction: there is a way, found it later). Enjoy the driver and make sure you uninstall the previous driver before and reboot after.

P.S. There is a bug in the forum. This is my third reply here. The previous two disappeared after I click yes for the answer!
P.S.2 I changed this from a question into a discussion. This is to clarify the P.S. above.

Mohannad

April 25th, 2014 09:00

duplicate - can't delete

459 Posts

Thanks mate and Cypress. (48.2 MB Zip Pack)

April 25th, 2014 09:00

duplicate - can't delete

9 Posts

April 30th, 2014 23:00

Thank you. I don't have any experience with this download site. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I'm not terribly comfortable downloading from unknown sites. Has anyone else downloaded the driver from this site, who can confirm that the download is legit and the driver works? Thanks.

9 Posts

May 8th, 2014 11:00

thank you for posting this. The new driver works great. BTW, the touchpad control window is no longer a cypress control panel. It now displays as a Dell control panel..

1 Message

June 12th, 2014 13:00

Thanks a lot for this post, Mohannad.

They are the right ones for XPS 15z.

I have been trying drivers for days, including Synaptics and all Dell Touchpad from dell site.

Incredible!

I would never have a solution if you did not post it.

Thanks again.

1 Message

June 17th, 2014 08:00

THANK YOU!!! Finally! I've been waiting so long for this day to come... Cypress were very kind to give you this, and Dell should honestly be ashamed for not publishing a driver for such an awesome machine.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

June 17th, 2014 14:00

I have uploaded the driver to OneDrive. Its a good find, I will ask users about testing it on the L321x and L322x also they also experienced similar issues.

Can I ask what version the driver is?

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/driver-sets/dell-touchpad-drivers/

2 Posts

August 19th, 2014 17:00

Unfortunately this version causes random video/graphics corruption on my system. Is there another updated version available?
No Events found!