Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

January 7th, 2013 04:00

STHING UNBELIEVABLE E6530 TURNS INTO A MAC

Something ubelievable happened to me.  I just got the E6430.  The touchpad is WORLDS AWAY from what Dell got us used to. 

BUT ONE THING, the two finger scrolling is REVERSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LIKE IN A MAC.

When I scroll down a webpage I need to scroll from the bottom of the touchpad. 

This is a total change in ergonomics.  I need to have the gestrure reversed.

Any Ideas?

Your Sincerely, MIKE.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

January 10th, 2013 06:00

Hi mikemierzejewski,

I am sorry for the inconvenience; the touchpad is designed to work this way.

1 Message

February 14th, 2013 23:00

I had the same problem and downloaded the old driver for the touchpad version   7.1211.101.114, A00

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriverDetails/Product/latitude-e6530?driverId=CKNFN&fileId=2988050063

And it fixed it! :emotion-1:

Tony

P.S. I think that's what fixed it. I played with a few other things in between so let me know if it works for you. Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

Hi mikemierzejewski,

As you have mentioned that the two finger gestures are reversed, you will need to update the touchpad driver to fix this issue. Please use the link below to update the driver.

http://dell.to/Qnizfs

Please punch in the system service tag or express service code, under the input category select the touchpad driver and install it. Restart the computer and check if the two finger gestures are working properly.

Please do reply for further assistance.

OK.  I just got off the phone with a guy in product pro support, and he told me, that NOW the gestures look like that and that's essentiall it, it's not a fault.  Did dell give such a dramatic change in ergonomics a second of thought?

How can you do that?  For 15 years i have been used to a gesture, and now a genius thought, that an apple gesture is more logical?

(edited)

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for your prompt response.   I reinstalled the driver, with previous deleting the old one, and the issue is still there.   The support is unable to do anthing about this, and the issue seems to be unique for this computer...

My best regards,

Mike.

January 14th, 2013 03:00

Hi Senthil,

Can you tell me what corporate genius decided to change DRAMATICALLY THE ERGONOMY of the input- not telling this to support or allowing this to change in settings.

This herdly adds to my loyalty to Dell, and I n=know that for a fact, that Dell is sruggling with it;s PC division, so enraging customers is not a action of choice.  I want to throw away, your otherwise correct product.

Mike/Lat E6430

193 Posts

January 14th, 2013 05:00

Have you tried to see if you can reverse this in settings.  Start > Control Panel > Mouse > Touchpad Tab

1 Message

June 1st, 2013 14:00

I had the same problem and downloaded the old driver for the touchpad version   7.1211.101.114, A00

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriverDetails/Product/latitude-e6530?driverId=CKNFN&fileId=2988050063

And it fixed it! :emotion-1:

Tony

P.S. I think that's what fixed it. I played with a few other things in between so let me know if it works for you. Thanks!

Thank you Tony722! This fix worked for me!  :emotion-21: :emotion-2:

What a dream! Now it feels more like Mac (who actually gives you a choice to enable/disable invert scrolling)

EDIT: How comes Dell doesn't know this themselves? Simply saying "it is designed to work like this, there is no fix", when an OLDER version actually had this feature.... 

No Events found!